Images are representations only.
Model PSAFP1/PSAFP2 Proximity SensorBrand: Red Lion Controls
Inductive Proximity Sensors detect the presence of metal objects that come within range of their oscillating field and provide target detection to “zero speed”.
Internally, an oscillator creates a high frequency electromagnetic field (RF) that is radiated from the coil and out from the sensor face.
When a metal object enters this field, eddy currents are induced into the object.
As the metal moves closer to the sensor, these eddy currents increase and result in an absorption of energy from the coil that dampens the oscillator amplitude until it finally stops.Features
- Ideal for limited space applications
- Sense ferrous and non-ferrous metal objects to "zero speed"
- 3-wire NPN true open collector outputs
- 2 sizes and sensing distances for application versatility
- LED target indicator
Approvals & Certifications
- Trigger Current for Overload Protection: 170 mA - PSAFP100
- Trigger Current for Overload Protection: 220 mA - PSAFP200
- Reverse Polarity
Enclosure, Body Material
- NEMA 1
- NEMA 13
- NEMA 3
- NEMA 4
- NEMA 6
- 2 kHz - PSAFP100
- 500 Hz - PSAFP200
Materials of Construction
- Mounting Bracket: 304 Stainless Steel, 1.4301 - MB800000
- Mounting Spacer: Copper (Cu2n) - MB700000
- Mounting Spacer: Metal - MB700000
- -25° to 70° C (-13° to 158° F) - PSAFP200
- -25° to 85° C (-13° to 185° F) - PSAFP100
- 1.8 V at 150 mA - Maximum
- NPN Open Collector
- 10-30 Vdc at 15 mA - Maximum