Images are representations only.
Model ZPJ Large Thru Bore Rotary Pulse GeneratorBrand: Red Lion Controls
The Model ZPJ is a thru-bore encoder with a bore of 0.625" (15.875 mm).
Additional mounting kits are available to adapt it to both standard and metric shaft sizes.
This unit is ideal for applications requiring a miniature, high precision encoder, designed with all metal construction for years of trouble-free operation.
The ZPJ encoder has a flexible arm mount and blind hollow shaft.
It uses two set screws that are 90° apart to clamp the encoder's hub to the motor shaft.
The NPN Open Collector outputs are each current limited to 20 mA.
The outputs are standard quadrature with index, and are available in resolutions up to 2500 pulses per shaft revolution.
The quadrature separation is typically 90 electrical degrees.
Output A leads output B for clockwise rotation of the encoder shaft.
- Within 0.01° Mechanical from One Cycle to Any Other Cycle, or 0.6 Arc minutes
Approvals & Certifications
- Noise Immunity: BS EN 61000-6-2, EN 50081-2, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-6, EN 50011
- 0.625" (15.875 mm)
- 36" (914.4 mm) Cable (Foil & Braid Shield, 24 AWG Conductors)
Enclosure, Body Material
- Non-Corosive Metal
- 200 kHz, Maximum
- 98% Relative Humidity, Non-Condensing
- Flexible Arm 1.06" to 1.81" Radius Mounting
- 0° to 70° C (32° to 158° F)
- 20 mA - Maximum
- 30 Vdc, Maximum
- NPN Open Collector Transistor
- 50 G at 11 milliseconds
- -40° to 100° C (-40° to 212° F)
- 4.75-28 Vdc, 100 mA - Maximum
- Bore: -0.0000" / +0.0006"
- User Shaft Tolerance (Axial Endplay): ± 0.030", Maximum
- User Shaft Tolerance (Radial Runout): 0.007", Maximum
- 2.5 In/Lbs (17.65 Nmm)
- 10 G at 58 to 500 Hz