Images are representations only.
4179 Universal AC / DC TransmitterBrand: PR Electronics
- Measures AC current and voltage signals
- Outputs passive or active current signals
- Programming, process monitoring and diagnostics via 45xx
- Response time < 0.75 s and excellent accuracy better than 0.3%
- Universally powered by 21.6…253 VAC / 19.2...300 VDC
- The latest analog and digital techniques are used to obtain maximum accuracy and immunity to interference.
- Possibility of output safety feedback by selecting S4...20 mA output.
- The current output can drive up to 800 Ohms, with an adjustable response time of 0.0…60.0 seconds.
- Exceptional mA output load stability of <0.001% of span / 100 Ohm.
- Meets the NAMUR NE21 recommendations, ensuring high accuracy in harsh EMC environments.
- Meets the NAMUR NE43 recommendations, allowing the control system to easily detect an input error.
- Tested to a high 2.3 kVAC, 3-port galvanic isolation level.
- Excellent signal to noise ratio of > 60 dB.
Approvals & Certifications
- EMC 2014/30/EU
- cULus, UL 508 E248256
- EAC TR-CU 020/2011
- RoHS 2011/65/EU
- LVD 2014/35/EU
- < 95% RH (non-cond.)
- 19.2-300 Vdc
- 21.6-253 Vac, 50 to 60 Hz
- ≤ 1.8 W nom.
- < 0.75 s
- Better Than 0.3% of Selected Range
- 0-300 Vac
- 0 to 5 AAC / 40 to 400 Hz
- 4-20 mA
- 0-20 mA
- 0-23 mA (unipolar)
- -23 to 23 mA (Bipolar)
- The 0...5 AAC RMS range makes it possible to accurately measure a typical current transformer.
- The 0...300 VAC RMS range allows accurate supply voltage monitoring.
- The 4179 measures standard input ranges, and can be freely configured to customer-defined input range.
- Converts narrow AC current / voltage inputs to wide bipolar or unipolar outputs, e.g. 0...1 VAMS input = ±10 volt or 4...20 mA output with a minimum span of 0.5 AAC RMS or 0.5 VAC RMS.
- The detachable 45xx displays provide enhanced diagnostics.
- Configurable input limits control the output value for increased safety.
- The 4179 has been designed according to strict safety requirements and is therefore suitable for application in SIL 2 installations.
- Suitable for the use in systems up to Performance Level “d” according to ISO-13849.